I'm thrilled to have been invited to be a guest on Christine Mason Miller's podcast, The Conscious Booksmith.
You already know Christine from this post, where I interviewed her about her experience of writing Moving Water, her memoir, and her decision to self-publish it. It was fun, in this episode on her podcast, to have the tables turned on me and to be the one in the hot seat. (Such an interesting experience, as I'm usually the one asking questions of others!)
Christine asks terrific questions and is a superlative host. Some of the questions she asked me include:
- What was the inspiration behind connecting the two vocations of book editing and midwifery in your work?
- Take us through the process of midwifing a book. What are the different stages, and what is the focus of each stage?
- What do you love most about this work?
- What are your thoughts on the notion of writing as healing?
- Do you have any suggestions for someone who thinks they have a book inside them but doesn't know where to start?
- How has your experience of midwifing books contributed to your own spiritual growth and healing?
See what I mean? She asks great questions! You can listen to the episode in the player above or on SoundCloud here.
PS: You might also love the second episode of Christine's podcast, where she not only talks extensively about our process of working together on her book, but also about resistance in the creative process and how you can use it as a compass.